Friday 6 July 2012

These boots are made for walking!

Yesterday, with the sun out, Ruby safely away at her induction day at big school, and the Old Man on a day's leave to make sure I didn't have any wobbly moments over my little girl growing up, we decided a mammoth walk in the country would be just the ticket.

It was the perfect opportunity to try out my new GORE-TEX walking shoes from Hotter - and boy did I test them!


Much as we love getting out and about, the stamina of a 4 year old is not really conducive to anything more than an hour or so of kicking about in the woods.  So, to make the most of our day of freedom, we headed off across the fields, with no real idea of where it would take us.


New Shoes!!


I wouldn't normally wear new shoes out without first breaking them in, but slipping my feet into them, they felt so comfy I thought I'd risk it.  I needn't have worried, the cushioned and contoured insoles supported my feet perfectly.  They were such a great fit, there was no rubbing, movement of my foot inside the shoe so no blisters - hooray!

Putting my best foot forward

We walked for hours and hours.  The dog dashing ahead, splashing through puddles and chasing off rabbits.  We chatted about plans for the future and made mental notes of tasty looking edible plants we should return back to.

We think brown is the new black


These shoes were made for the British summer.  They are 100% waterproof - ha!  I think we need that!  Yet, even when the sun did come out and we had to peel off coats and jumpers in the warmth, the breathable system in the shoes meant my feet stayed cool and fresh.

At £89 they are not a cheap pair of shoes, but the quality is excellent and I expect they will last me for years and years.  If you are someone who enjoys weekend walking, covers rougher terrain than your regular paths and roads, then these are the shoes for you.

They are available in Deep Teal; Espresso; Pal Aqua and Soft Violet in standard fitting, or Espresso in wide fitting.

Disclosure: I was sent a pair of GORE-TEX shoes from Hotter for the purposes of this review.  No financial reward was received and all views expressed are honest and accurate.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I miss walking, I really regret that I didn't do more before having kids. So glad you got to get out and cover loads of ground. Hope Ruby's induction went really well, distraction is good in those circumstances!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's difficult to go for a full-on walk with littlies, she'd have given up after the first field I reckon!

    Her induction went brilliantly thank you, she's raring to go and can't wait for September x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Times are a changing love, embrace them just as she will and Im glad you and little ruby have had such a lovely time together, Fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have exactly the same shoes and they are fab. Very comfy and light to wear. I've worn them a couple of times a week for the last 6 months and they still look good too.

    ReplyDelete