Monday 30 July 2012

Magpie Monday - Rings and Tings

This week I've mostly been obsessing about the Olympic Rings.  Watching that incredible, awe-inspiring, spectacular two-fingered salute to the Conservative government on Friday night.

The Olympic ceremony, whilst totally bonkers, was a thought-provoking, acid trippy glimpse into our social history, highlighting everything of which we were once proud, but which has slowly but surely been eroded away, dismantled and crushed by various administrations.

It was a celebration of our culture, of our hearts and soul and I well and truly doff my cap to Mr Danny Boyle.

Since then, I've been glued to the telly. For a not-very-sporty person, I'm quite amazed at my interest in swimming, cycling, football, hockey, gymnastics, archery and the totally bonkers game of handball.

My offerings to you this week are less sporty, but they are ring shaped (tenuous link huh?).

I bagged three costume rings in my local charity shop for £1.50 a pop.  Three beauties for less than a fiver.  I'm particularly pleased because one of them still had it's Accessorize label on showing it's original price of £12.








Which is your favourite?

Have you rescued anything this week?  If you've bought or found anything pre-loved, please grab the badge and link up below.  Take a moment to visit the other blogs linked up - you will find some gems. x

Me and My Shadow



35 comments:

  1. Wow, what gorgeous finds! I love the torquoise one, stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely and nice matching nail polish!
    I'm loving the Olympics too, so much so that I'm tempted to get tickets for the Paralymics, then I can have a good nose around the park too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MDM!!

      Oooh we've got tickets for the Paralympics, but not sure I can wait that long. I'm going to have a look tonight and see if we can book something.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful rings! The turquoise is my favorite.

    I haven't watched any of the Olympics yet. I had planned to hook up the television so the kids could watch archery, since they are also part of a competitive shooting team, and gymnastics, because that's my favorite, but I haven't gotten around to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon.

      You must get the telly on - it's amazing :0)

      Delete
  4. Third one for me, but closely followed by the silver. Never bought a statement ring before, seeing yours has made me want one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks A. I don't think I've ever bought rings this big before - they do kinda 'out-statement' the one on my other hand! x

      Delete
  5. They are gorgeous, i likw the terquoise best :) I'm most impressed with your gorgeous nails!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex. They come from doing no housework. I do however, have a filthy house mwahahaha! x

      Delete
  6. Ooh, lovely! I totally agree with Alex - the turquoise is my favorite and your nails are amazing :) I don't think my nails have ever looked that nice in my life, no matter how little housework I do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving that blue and of course the matching nail polish (OCD appeased) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of the rings. And what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I know, I was very chuffed. x

      Delete
  9. I love the first one! And the way you have co ordinated the nail varnish! Fab finds as always! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the selection of rings. They are stunning! You have such an eye for finding treasures Liz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks Claire. I'm going to get a lot of pleasure from wearing these :0)

      Delete
  11. Love the rings and the coordinating nails too. Delighted to link up this week, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thrilled to have you, welcome x

      Delete
  12. OH ! I forgot *hangs head in shame * I do though Adore your rings and colour coded gorgeous nails XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tut tut!! No worries lovely, school hols is a busy time.

      Thanks for popping in though & your lovely comment x

      Delete
  13. They are gorgeous, love how you've co-ordinated them to the nail varnish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your rings, love the matching polish. I especially like the blue. Matches my polish too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous rings! - love the turquoise and the orange - they look fab on you x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh love these! My love of turquoise is being challenged by my love of orange recently and I think the shade of orange polish you've teamed it with may just have clinched it. Who's it by? (obsessed)

    I must do a MM post for next week, my blogging has been woefully erratic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hee hee! It's NYC 'Spring Street'.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those rings are gorgeous!! So jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing! I have that Accessorize ring! Great taste you have! Ha ha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for sharing your wonderful finds, especially love the orange ring - she is a beauty! Hope you enjoy visiting my blog and seeing what treasures I have found! Bye for now

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great rings! There are often fab jewellery bargains in charity shops.

    I've just linked up a post about another Filofax find on eBay. Sorry I'm a bit late - was on a minibreak on Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your rings are so beautiful, i love the orange flower one.

    ReplyDelete