Tuesday 7 August 2012

Specs Appeal

So I finally got myself some glasses.  No more bumbling around like Mr Magoo.  No more squinting at people waving to me across the street, trying to figure out who the hell they are.

I managed the persuade the Old Man that getting cheapo specs was a false economy as I wouldn't wear them unless I loved them.  What do you know, he agreed!

He has now turned into the spectacle police now though, constantly checking I'm wearing them.  So if he asks, I have them on, right?

The one downside to designer glasses, is the bling-tastic case they come in.  I'm not a labels person, and fail to see why I should advertise someone for free (ha, that's the blogger coming out in me!).



So I asked the lovely people at Boots if I could have one of their plain cases (as well as - hell, I'd paid for the designer gear, so may as well get the freebies right?).  They gave me one of theirs gratis.  Nice, but a bit... well meugh hey?


Last night, in front of the tellybox (yes, I was wearing my glasses), I got my Decopatch out, and turned it into something much more me.


Nifty huh?

Linking up with Ta-Dah Tuesday.

10 comments:

  1. I would have never thought to do that. And I have been wearing glasses for over 20 years! I love what you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I've become something of a Decopatch convert! I used less than half a sheet, so cost me around 50p plus the glue :0)

      Delete
  2. Oh so pretty! And so much better. Great idea. And you can sell the D&G one on eBay now.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes me wish I wore glasses. What a fabulous idea for a Christmas pressie for my Mum, who doesn't like anything to be plain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! It looks wonderful! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that - what a great idea, and so much prettier than how it started out

    ReplyDelete