Monday 3 October 2011

Magpie Monday - unpacking

Hurrah!  I am writing this post from my new office, in my new home!!

I can't tell you how great it feels.  Yes, we're in a total pickle, boxes everywhere and I still can't find lots of 'essential' items.  Sadly, there were casualties. A large percentage of my beloved jelly moulds didn't make the move - I actually felt tears pricking in my eyes when I unwrapped broken shards of pottery.

It's fair to say that the old man could no longer bite his tongue after unloading the 12th box marked 'china' - there were some expletives.

I thought today I would show you one of my most treasured collections.  My Langley Lucerne dinner service has now been lovingly displayed on our 'new' kitchen dresser (ebay purchase).



I couldn't resist adding a shelf of horrors!



Each and every piece was sourced through charity shop, jumble sale, car boot or ebay purchase.


The design is over fifty years old and I love the fact that my family are now using it as our everyday set.  How many families has this served over the years?  You don't get history like that with Ikea china!


I want to say a massive thanks to Milk Chic for stepping in last minute and hosting last week when I was super-stressed out and wireless-less. I promise to go visit all the links asap. x

What have you found and rescued from the land-fill? Please do grab the badge and link up.

Me and My Shadow
Grab my button
and link to my blog



Me and My Shadow

18 comments:

  1. Ooh I love that dresser. I wish I had room for one on the boat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I've posted up two links, the first one is wrong - the linky was doing autofill on the last linky I joined in! I don't know how to delete that one Miss Lizzie? *embarrassed*

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just beautiful - what a wonderful collection of china. I have a dresser that is just waiting for me to have time to give it the strip and white paint treatment, then all my treasures can be unpacked and displayed. Still some renovations to do first though :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an office?! I'm so jealous. Congratulations on finally being in your new home. It must be lovely going through boxes and putting them in their new places!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how lovely...and at last you have the ability to put out all of your gorgeous things. I love this dinner service, but haven't ever heard of the design. Looks fab.
    Look at you in your own office!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray, you are finally in! Sorry to hear about the breakages, on the plus side it gives you an excuse to hunt for more x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the move (finally!) Sad about the breakages but that just means you'll have to keep searching for others to replace them.

    The china looks fab by the way! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray to finally having a new home! (If anyone would like to buy ours it's very nice, honest). I hope to have an office too, it's the thought of that which keeps me tidying up every bloody day!

    The china looks brilliant on your dresser, sorry about the casualties though, how annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your dresser. You are so lucky to have somewhere to display your treasures! Here's to finding ever more treasure x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous dinner service! Well worth all the effort you put in to build it up item by item. And the dresser shows it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS very sorry to hear so many items got broken - that is very sad. Hope you manage to find more pieces to rebuild your collections.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, you're in - and have an office - go Liz. Delighted your horrors have found a new home, on your lovely new dresser. Love that all your dinner service was gathered in your true magpie style. Very sad about the jelly moulds though :( you will have to replace with more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your dishes! I joined your linky party today. . .thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on finally being in your new home! (And like Lakota, if anyone wants to buy my house, I'd be ever so pleased) Love the dinner service, how on earth did you manage to find a whole set in different places?

    I should be back on board with some new finds next week, I'm currently battling a slowly dying pc, and a camera with sand-related "issues". ARGH!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you're in. The dresser looks fab. I have a collection of Royal Doulton Summer Sky, but don't have enough for everyday use - will keep looking. Sorry to hear about your jelly moulds. I've been thinking of looking put for some myself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you're now installed but so sad about the jelly moulds :( Didn't manage a post this week but will join in again next Monday. Thanks so much for the mention.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that dresser, I really want one !
    sorry I'm a day late for magpie monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The busiest parts of the move - both packing and unpacking - can be so stressful. Still, it's best to push through at your own pace. Soon enough you'll be done, and you guys would have a new home to love and enjoy, right?

    ReplyDelete