Monday 31 October 2011

Magpie Monday - The Halloween Edition!

Happy Halloween spooksters!

Welcome to Magpie Monday. For those of you who've not visited before (where have you been?) just a quick reminder of what this is all about.

Magpie Monday is your chance to share your second-hand finds. I set it up as a way of showing that we don't have to buy in to the consumerism taking over the world, and that it's perfectly possible to stylishly clothe yourself; dress your home; feed your literary appetite and entertain your kids with items that have been pre-loved. Championing the Three Rs philosophy - Reduce; Recycle and Reuse.

If you've been reading my blog, it will come as no surprise that I love Halloween!  However, I don't love the throwaway tatty decorations you buy in the shops and supermarkets.  So, as well as making my own, I've also been on the hunt in my favourite charity shops and car boot sales.

I found this gorgeous little orange enamel teapot.  After retrieving it from Ruby's playhouse - she's commandeered it - I attempted a little seasonal flower arrangement with bits and bobs from the garden - Jane Packer I aint!



In the same charity shop, I found this little applique decorative cushion.  I'm not sure if it's handmade, but it certainly has that feel about it.


I'm very happy with these two little items, as I can re-use them year after year, and they cost me the princely sum of £2.50 in total.

If you've bought anything second-hand recently that you'd like to show off, please grab the badge and link up.

Me and My Shadow
Grab my button
and link to my blog



Me and My Shadow

12 comments:

  1. Love the orange teapot! I'm not surprised it's been used in the playhouse - your Ruby has excellent taste!

    Also like your statement about showing we don't have to buy into consumerism.

    Ruth @ Minibreak Mummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - I like mixing up my plastic tat with hand crafted things and bits and pieces borrowed from the elsewhere in the house and adapted. Pickings have been a bit thin at my charity shops recently - maybe it's time to find a good jumble sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shape of that teapot, I always get told off if I come home with pretty things, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Halloween and thanks for hosting this thrift share party. Your little orange teapot a cutie.❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous things - and I love the flower arrangement! Seeing the cushion has given me an idea for KL's room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the orange teapot but then I like most things orange. Charity shops are great for costumes and seasonal fun on the cheap. Will link up later

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love orange too - great flower arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that teapot! The orange is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving that cushion, but then, I love cushions xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cushion! I might have a go at making a similar one for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot believe the bargains that you pick up and use in your house. Amazing!

    Thanks for linking up to ShowOff ShowCase.

    ReplyDelete