Monday 24 October 2011

Magpie Monday - The Fuchsia's Bright, The Fuchsia's Orange

Isn't it funny how you often find yourself subconsciously shopping in themes?

Do you ever do that?  You know, when you're drawn to something, and then you find something else the same colour or same pattern in another shop and you find yourself buying that as well?

On a recent charity shopping trip, I spotted this small little glass perfume atomiser.  It didn't look much from a distance, but when I picked it up I noticed it had fuchsia flowers etched into the glass.  Sorry, it's impossible to photograph, so you'll just have to trust me!



We seem to have a bit of a thing for fuchsias at the moment.  Ruby has just discovered them in Granny's garden and can now identify them from other flowers and say the word.  We call them little ballerinas because their skirts look like tiny tutus.  I shouldn't have done it, but I showed Ruby how you can gently squeeze the flower buds, to get a satisfying pop out of them!

In the very next shop I went into, this beautiful vase cried out to me from the shelf.



A studio pottery vase with stunning glaze design, I adore it, especially as it only cost me £1.25!

What are the chances of that?  I don't remember ever seeing fuchsias used to decorate vases or bowls before -  much more likely to find roses, violets or forget-me-nots - yet I'd found two things in the same day.

The orange glaze then seemed to take me on a bit of an orange mission.

I found this charming art deco hand painted bowl in another shop for £2.50.  The glaze on the inside is damaged, but that's fine because I intend to stand a plant inside it!



And finally, I bought this huge soapstone heart paperweight.  You could do some serious damage with this!


How about you? What second-hand bits have you found? Please grab the badge below and link up. x

Me and My Shadow
Grab my button
and link to my blog



Me and My Shadow


15 comments:

  1. Enjoyed this post - fab title too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Minibreakmummy - I do try! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love orange...its one of my fav colours. I also love fushias and have a lovely one in my front garden. Great finds this week Liz...especially the paper weight, fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All very pretty, Boy2 recognises fuchsias as well and shouts 'we've got those' when he sees them. That deco bowl will look gorgeous with a plant in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what beautiful things you've found. I love all of them , but the deco bowl is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fuscias are a favourite of mine too. My finds also have a theme this week, the not so glamorous In The Night Garden though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is so lovely. The paperweight is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that bowl. It will look wonderful with a plant in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes it is odd how that happens isn't it? Sometimes I notice that without meaning to the Magpies have bought very similar things some weeks. Right of your lot I love the vase, like the bowl thing (Clarice Cliffe-like) and heart paperweight is in one of my fave colours so fab. My late Mum loved fushcia which is odd as only the other day Penny over on her Little Legacies blog hop at The Alexander Residence was talking about Irises which my mum also loved. Strange connections suggesting that things are not as random as we think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comments.

    Kate - yes, the god of charity shopping sure moves in mysterious ways!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the soapstone, i'd just want to hold it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh I love popping fuchsias too! I thought it was only me that did that ;)
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finding several fuchsias in one day IS rare! Love your finds!!! Thanks for hosting the party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The deco bowl is lovely, I hope you find some beautiful flowers to go in it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm here on time this week !
    I love fuchias, I bought some gorgeous ones from the garden centre this year, one is so dark purple its almost black,
    I finally bought some goodies this week so am well chuffed I can join in again with magpe monday !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete