Monday 12 May 2014

Magpie Monday - A Pallet Project


Something a little different for you this week.

I wanted to share this amazing table that a friend of mine made.

It's 100% recycled and I'm a little bit in love with it.

The wooden pallet is reclaimed, the glass too, even the caster wheels it sits on are from a second-hand shop so everything is getting another life.

I love the rustic-meets-urban design of this.  Pallets are really easy to come by for free and have lots of uses - check out my Pinterest board for some ideas.

Follow Liz Burton's board Pallet Love on Pinterest.

The table is currently for sale, so leave a message over on the Facebook page if you're interested, or if you want to commission a piece.

While you're here, I'm thrilled to say I've been nominated for a Blogging in Brilliance award for craft.  I'd really appreciate if you could spare a moment to vote for Me and My Shadow in the Craft category.

I hope you've had a thrifty week.  Please link up any preloved, salvaged or second-hand finds.

      


19 comments:

  1. Amazing table - very impressed. Congrats on your award nomination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great table - I've seen pallet used for various projects and they really so give a lovely rustic look. Congratulations on the award nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen some pallet ideas on Pinterest but haven't had a chance to try any - I like idea of one on its side in the garden as vertical planter wall - sounds odd, but looks lovely!
    Well done on your nomination, you have my vote ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, really clever. I've been hanging onto a pallet for ages - need some outdoors ideas, so shall peruse your Pinterest board! Best of luck with the BIBs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is clever, particularly with the glass top, makes it very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh lovely. I've upcycled a pallet into a planter which was fun but hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant piece of upcycling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Mum has an old pallet in her garden left behind by builders! I wonder if she'll let me have it?! What a great idea! Looks fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That table is simply gorgeous and very classy. I love it. I want one. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh nice one! Love the simplicity of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love things like this which are so simple yet look amazing. Your friend is very clever as that is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, an example that recycled doesn't just have to mean shabby chic but can also be really design led.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE. Reminds me very much of a coffee table I had when I lived in Italy, it was recycled and had a galas top too - bugger to clean though, I found a hair dryer was the best

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is brilliant! Love it, I miss having a coffee table, will be on the look out for one again soon now Syd is old enough not to just knock everything off of it every 2 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE it!!! Just shows that sometimes it's the simplest of things which work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that's lovely. So simple, but just gorgeous - I'd be proud to have it in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the idea of reusing pallets! Following you pinterest board now

    ReplyDelete
  18. i can see that sitting looking right at home in a loft apartment in new york. fab idea x

    ReplyDelete
  19. brilliant upcycling - really like how you can store your mags or your coffee table books under the glass bit and they become part of the look!

    ReplyDelete