Friday 23 March 2012

Personal Touches for your Home - Crafty Loveliness with Ambi Pur

When I was invited along to Homemade London by Ambi Pur, the event sounded right up my street.  The concept - that it's the personal touches that make a house a home is something that I wholeheartedly agree with.

I love to use fragrance in my home.  I know it's not very eco-friendly, but trust me - when you share your home with a smelly Labrador; a toddler and a partner that likes to come home sweaty from the gym then only plug-ins will do it!


I love this new scent Seaside Breezes. It's fresh and clean for spring and with the ever changing fragrance you continue to notice it all day long.

The event itself focused on making personal touches, and we were joined by interior designer Danielle Proud.

Our first make was an embroidered tea towel, using a very clever water soluble pencil to transfer an image onto fabric first.  Although there were sample images to use, Ruby had already got stuck in with her drawing, so I decided to use her picture of 'Daddy'.


What a lovely way to spend the morning!  A little light sewing, drinking tea from gold cups and the company of lovely ladies.  It was so nice to meet and chat with Chrissie, Jen and Anna.



Ruby was extraordinarily well behaved - I'm sure everyone's come away with a totally false impression of her!  Anyway, I was glad she joined in the crafting and let me get on with mine.


I finished the stitching off at home, and here's the finished result which I'm really rather chuffed with.  I'll definitely be using this technique again.  I think it's a lovely way to immortalise kid's artwork.


After a lovely lunch and a chance to have a nosey around the place, we were inspired for our next crafting session.

The idea was to create a decoupaged mirror, with layers of texture and imagery built up behind an etched mirror.  So, how hard could cutting and gluing be?


Actually, I found it incredibly hard!  I couldn't quite embrace the randomness and fluidity required, and while everyone around me was making beautiful works of art I faffed about and longed for symmetry and order!


Oh well, I'm sure it will grow on me.  Ruby on the other hand, was thrilled with her creation.


We had such a lovely time at Homemade London.  I'm eyeing up their courses and really fancy the lampshade making one.  Take a look at their site.

Very many thanks to Danielle, Emily and the team at Ambi Pur and the Homemade London team for such a gorgeous experience.

Disclosure: We were invited to attend the crafting workshop and received a hamper of crafting goodies and an Ambi Pur product as a thank you.

5 comments:

  1. Aww wow what a lovely girlie day out! I LOVE R's mirror! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to meet you liz, I love your finished tea towel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute is the stitched drawing - great idea x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauties, what a day!
    Love the embroidered tea towel- so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a great day and nice to meet you in person

    ReplyDelete