Monday 16 April 2012

Magpie Monday - Hello Yellow!

There must be something about this glorious spring-time weather that seems to have drawn me to sunny yellow purchases this week.

Firstly I spotted this pretty porcelain pin in the jewellery counter of my local charity shop.  I don't see me ever wearing a lapel pin like this, but I plan to remove it and pop it onto a ring blank making a delicate rose ring instead.



Only this morning I picked up this set of 6 etched glass tumblers for 50p each.  As my interest in foraging and wild food grows, I'm hoping these will be perfect for serving up my next experiment - dandelion tea!


I'm pretty sure the old man will be unamused at these beauties.  There's no room in the cupboard for them and they're totally impractical as they don't stack, but I will find a home for them somewhere and enjoy them.

Even the Irish Linen tea towels they are standing on where thrifted - 99p each for a pair.

What 2nd hand treasure have you discovered lately? Grab the badge and link up.


Me and My Shadow
Grab my button
and link to my blog



24 comments:

  1. Nice finds - I love linen tea towels

    And I _like_ the grainy photos - they add to the vintage effect! (Some people do that kind of thing deliberately with Instragram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha who needs Instagram when you've got a shit camera! x

      Delete
  2. I love that rose! And the tumblers! And the linen! And all that heavenly yellow!

    You are really the bees knees at this magpie biz

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great finds the rose pin is very pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. I reckon it will make a lovely ring - as long as I wear it carefully!

      Delete
    2. deffo will look fab as a ring x

      Delete
  4. Ohhh I want that little flower pin - if you ever get tired of it, you know where I am ;-) I'm really into yellow at the moment too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see how that flower pin turns out. Don't usually do yellow but your finds looks so sunny and bright xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flower pin. I am in yellow today, infact I look like a bee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little yellow rose is so cute. I have a problem with glasses, too. I need to get rid of some, but they all have their charms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous pin! Hopefully the weather will match the Spring loveliness of it.

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dandelion tea? That sounds really interesting! Can't wait to hear how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The teatowels were a steal at that price, and the flower will look really pretty as a ring

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like those glasses, have just googled dandelion tea, and was surprised that its made using the leaves, might have a go at that, i really want to make danselion fizz this year but theres not many flowers out yet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because they're all in my back lawn!

      x

      Delete
  12. I like the pin very springish if thats a word will look forward to how it looks as a ring

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have definately bought the pin too, i collect floral china brooches and pins and pin them along the bottom edge of my kitchen and bathroom blinds! I also have one on the collar of my winter coat, and some on lampshades. If you ever decide you dont want yours then you know where i am ;-)

    Aqeela xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good finds again. Hope you have found space for the tumblers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely finds and I do like a bit of yellow. I'm still gutted about not snapping up a lemon yellow 50s dropleaf table from a charity shop. That was about 10 years ago, it's going to haunt me forever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy to discover your blog! Love the tea towels!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the idea of making that pin into a ring, that'd look fab! I love flower rings.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good finds well done. I love looking in charity shops

    ReplyDelete