Monday 4 August 2014

Mars Bar Ice Lollies

Mars Bar Ice Lolly Milk Pop Lollies

Boy it's impossible to photograph frozen stuff in this heat!  Anyway, you get the idea, these are indeed, Mars bar ice lollies.  I've recently made some coffee and Lotus biscuit ice cream but Ruby decided she didn't want it as coffee is too grown up (even the de-caf variety it seems!), so I thought I'd better make something for her.  Ok, I might have had one or two myself.  Just to test you understand.

The Mars chunks seem to freeze harder than the milk, giving you chunks of delicious chewy caramel and nougat to discover as you bite through into the lolly.

This is ridiculously easy, I feel a bit of a fraud even calling it a 'recipe'. It takes only 2 ingredients, no cooking and virtually no prep.  The kids could make these themselves.


To make 6 Mars milk pop lollies, you'll need:

1 pint of chilled Mars Milk Drink
2 Mars bars - full sized ones not fun sized.  There's nothing 'fun' about a fun sized Mars, it's just mean.
A lolly mould and sticks

Slice up your Mars bars into thin slices and pop inside the mould. I squidged them onto the side of the mould to make sure they were evenly distributed and that you'd be able to see them on the outside once you pop your lollies out.

Fill with the chocolatey Mars milk, then add your lids with sticks if you have that type of maker, if not freezer for about an hour before sliding the sticks in.

Leave for 6-8 hours until fully frozen then pop out and enjoy.

This one definitely passed the kid test!




22 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. I forgot to tell you I am coming to visit. PS. loved your comment about fun sized being mean. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the "cool" idea. I haven't seen Mars Milk here in the shops yet. Guess it is coming! And I will just stick with freezing my candy bars. I guess you could put them on a wooden stick before freezing. Dentists must love us! Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh these look great! my kids would love these - disappointed that they don't look the slightest bit rude though Missie Lizzie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PHWOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM. Just pinned this too for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh those look amazing. I have been experimenting with fruity lollies this week but the children would love those

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh!! Want some now!!
    Have a great week!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is such a thing as Mars milk?? Better not let the kids see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've been making ice lollies over the holidays. Thought we'd tried everything possible - never thought of chocolate milk *makes note for next supermarket shop*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmmmmmm! Now drooling into my keyboard - must have a go at these and given that OH can't eat them (gluten in the caramel) I won't have to share!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look amazing, my boys will love these and we've just bought new lolly moulds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, I cannot tell you how much my 7 year old will love these. I'm adding Mars drink to my shopping list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yum and now we need some of the Bounty kind. There's a challenge for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We've just made the move to soya and oatly milk for the whole family and not just me.But I think I could treat the kids one weekend when I eventually find the bloody lolly molds.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I may need to make these!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It might be easy but it takes a genius to invent that, YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just read in the Dutch news that Mars Milk has been recalled. Hope you haven't had a problem with that scare. Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete