Sunday 4 December 2011

Christmas Craft Kits

If you've been reading the blog these past few months, you'll know I've loved attending School of Craft's sewing lessons.

I've re-kindled my love affair with my machine and realised how relaxing hand sewing can be.  I've stitched and made gifts that I'd have never have thought possible, so I want to say a HUGE thanks to Jo for this.

My last School of Craft event was a few weeks ago, when I went to one of their 'Crafternoons'.  What a lovely way to spend a Saturday!  In a nice hotel, with lots of lovely new friends, chatting, munching cake, drinking coffee and making Christmas decorations.

We each chose one of the new, specially designed kits, and set to.  The beautifully packaged boxes contain everything you need for each project - right down to the pins and a needle.  So if you're a new sewer, or looking for something you can pop in your bag and do on the go, these are perfect.  The materials used are natural fibres and excellent quality.



At the Crafternoon, I chose the little padded hanging hearts. They were simple to make and have a lovely rustic homemade feel about them.  The kit contains enough material, thread and padding to make five hearts (of course, I'm know for my tightness when cutting out, so I managed to squeeze six out!)

I heart hearts

Since I had the pattern, once back home, I raided my cupboards, and have made more.  I'm stitching some blue ones without hangers to pop in a glass jar in the bedroom.


and some diddy pink ones for Ruby's tree



I also bought a Christmas bunting kit, which I've yet to do, and Jo kindly sent me a stocking kit for me to review here.  I loved making the stockings.  Her template designs are perfect - I can never seem to draw a decent stocking!  The toe detail with contrasting fabric really makes them special.

Look at my stockings!

Because I'm slightly OCD about decorating the tree, I've made colour co-ordinated ones for our living room!



The kits probably take about 2 hours to complete, and as it's hand stitching, it's perfect for doing in front of weekend trashy TV!

The kits are available to buy in the We are Bedford pop-up shop, and online at School of Craft's new Folksy shop for £12.50 each.  They are great value, as literally the only thing you need to supply yourself is a pair of scissors.



Grab while you can - the kits were featured in The Telegraph magazine this weekend, which is an amazing achievement - well done Jo! x

Featured in a proper newspaper -how cool is that?



Disclosure: I was sent one kit to review free of charge, however I've purchased two more myself and am a regular customer.

4 comments:

  1. Your post has made me very happy Liz! Not just because you say very kind things about School of Craft but because you are using my classes and adding your own creativity to come up with new ideas - I LOVE the blue stockings and the cute pink hearts, they look great. That's just what I want people to do after my classes and after using my kits. You're a model student Liz! Go to the top of the class

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh that's great Jo.

    the instructions with each kit are so simple to follow and I love that I can just pick these up for 10 minutes or so when I have time.

    Really well done on the Telegraph article, what great coverage. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. they sound like fab kits for beginners :)
    great makes liz and im glad to hear i aint the only person who's OCD about the christmas tree lol ;)

    ReplyDelete