Wednesday, 9 November 2011

BigJigs Hobby Horse from the Wooden Toy Shop

The Wooden Toy Shop has sent us a gorgeous toy by BigJigs to review.

We are so lucky to be sent products to test and give opinions on - some are practical, some are fun and some are simply stunning.

This floral hobby horse, definitely falls into the 'stunning' category - although Ruby would also agree that it's a lot of fun!



The pink floral fabric, finished with pink gingham fabric reigns and soft woolly mane means it's a toy I'm happy and proud to have on show.


Traditionally fashioned with a sturdy wooden pole, two small wheels and wooden handles, it's stable and sturdy for little ones to yee-haa around to their heart's content.

This really does look like an 'heirloom' toy - one which hopefully will last for years and years - but without the heirloom price tag!

The pink hobby horse is only £16.79 and if pink's not your bag, there's a brown cord version (even greater value at £14.79).

My only minor problem, is that the handles and wheels make it a bit tricky for little ones to stand up against the wall after play (unlike our other one which is just a plain pole), but having said that its the wheels that make it more fun to ride!


If you're looking for a fun and aesthetically pleasing pre-school toy, one which both the child and their parents will thank you for, then I don't think you could go far wrong with one of these.

Sponsored post:  Thanks to the Wooden Toy Shop for providing the horse pictured for the purposes of this review.  Any opinions expressed are my own.

8 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! I have to buy one..I could just have it for show! And the price wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful - and really reasonably proced too! Wish I had a little girlie to buy for - would be PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments ladies.

    Kate - the cord version is lovely for boys ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! not only to how gorgeous it is but is that price correct ? Fantastic value. I want a little girl and a pink hobby horse xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that might be going on my Xmas list, I mean Flo's of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love it! Just gorgeous, so is R!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL TOY!! I want to go home now and show it to my baby girl. Surely she will like that one, especially its color pink.

    Omeprazole Oral Paste

    ReplyDelete